Selective Service, Louisiana State Headquarters (Jackson Barracks)|
[Also included is a bound volume containing copies, stamped CONFIDENTIAL, of the Selective
Service bill, general rules & regulations, and registration regulations. This and the two previous titles
are indicated as having been bound by the WPA binding project in 1937].
- Communications and other records (mimeographed)
- Administrative circulars (2 sets), ca. 1952-1969 [3 folders] and ca.
1952-1971 [2 folders]
- Civilian Personnel Bulletins (3 sets), Set 1 (#1-33), Set 2 (#1-46),
Set 3 (#1-33 plus additional documents, including Field Division
Instructional Bulleting [2 folders]
- Headquarters memoranda,
1940-1941; 1952-1968 [2 folders]
- News clippings, 1969-1970 [3 folders]
- Personnel book for area offices, local board members, and registrars,
1974/1975 [2 folders]
- Conference proceedings
- Proceedings of Selective Service conference, 4th Army Area, U.S. Naval Air Station, Algiers,
February 11-25, 1950
- Proceedings of Selective Service conference, 4th Army Area, Fort Sam Houston, Texas,
February 7-21, 1948
- Plans of operations
- Continuity of operations plan, Louisiana Selective Service system, 1972
- Plan for the reorganization of the Selective Service, 1971 (photocopy)
- Published reports
- Report of the Provost Marshal General to the Secretary of War on the first draft under the
Selective Service Act, 1917. Washington, D.C., 1918.
- Final report of the Provost Marshal General to the Secretary of War on operations of the
Selective Service System to July 15, 1919. Washington, D.C., 1920.
ca. 2 cu. ft., received from Jackson Barracks, October, 1989
Return to Manuscript Collections.
Revised, March 20, 1997